to Layton. He got to help his brother remove poison oak, cut down trees, put in sprinklers, and move heavy rocks in his sloped ravine-looking yard. I would have loved to help, but Mandy and I had a reunion to attend in Draper for James Henry Martineau (2nd great-grandpa.) It was a fine reunion, staged at a stake center with a park next to it. I picked up several copies of the J.H. journal that was unveiled at the reunion. I helped transcribe the first ten to twenty pages of the journal so I feel pretty connected to it. It's a huge hard-bound book, about the size of a college chemistry book. At the reunion, we also learned about our Huguenot ancestors in France. That was the best part of all.After lunch we drove up to the Draper Temple that Mandy's company is building. It was lovely and we made fun of the expensive, yet architecturally poor houses in the area. We stopped at IKEA and Mandy helped me pick out some furniture that would match my couches. I dropped her off at her house and then picked up Jonathan from Brian and Carol's. We drove back home and I got ready for my YW lesson.
1 comment:
How fun for you to help transcribe the journal. Sounds like a fun time. IKEA is the great and spacious building. Just kidding, isn't it a neat store? Your lesson in yw's was awesome, by the way. It's fun to read your blog!
Post a Comment