Tuesday, July 19, 2011
In a safe place
I chalk this story up to pregnancy brain and swollen fingers. I readily admit that my wedding ring is fitting a little too snuggely these days. That is why I didn't notice it was missing for the first couple of days. Yesterday I checked all the usual places that it could be, near sinks, on my dresser, near more drains ;)... and I know it couldn't have slipped off unexpectedly. Today I began a thorough search of the house. I started in the upstairs bathroom. I emptied every drawer and I EVEN took the part of the drain that loops down off to look in there -GROSS! Next stop, my bedroom. I'm glad to report that my drawers are now all cleaned out and that the giant black bug that was hiding in my shoe is now outside. Speaking of that bug, I checked out the whole closet with the shoes, and then, pulled down a bag of costume jewelry from the top shelf. I'd looked in it before because last week I gathered it up from my dresser and put it in that zip lock bag. (Autumn likes to go through jewelry.) In a glance, I found my wedding ring. I am so grateful to have found it. Can you spot the more expensive ring in all the plastic?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I see the ring that rules them all.
Glad you found your ring. I have had to take out that pipe to get my contact back, right before church of all times, too. Yuck.
Post a Comment