Saturday, December 24, 2011

And to all a good night!

At the close Christmas Eve, after gleefully filling the stockings with oranges and other treats, Jon and I sat together on the couch in the glow of the Christmas tree lights.  Calvin sat calmly on my lap and just I a began to tell my hubby how much I loved him, a warm oozy liquid began pouring like molten lava out of the back of Calvin's diaper and all over my hand and pants.  After the eruption was over, which seemed to last several minutes, we quickly assessed the damage.  Luckily the liquid was slow moving enough that it hadn't hit the couch yet.  We all got cleaned up, but the serene Christmas moment was gone forever.  I am grateful to have cherished Christmas memories like this one, even if they aren't glamorous.

May peace find your home and joy fill your life this Christmas season.

Love,
Amy