Jon has taken on the project of replacing the edging in our yard. In this picture he is almost done with the north end of the back yard. He has to remove the existing edging (bricks) and then saw out a strip of the grass, flatten the soil, add gravel, add bricks, add some of the grass back, and make sure it is perfectly level. Wow, I am impressed!
Jon and I went to watch the WAC Track and Field Championship a few Saturdays ago. The last time a conference championship was held at USU, I ran in it. That was 1996. I even made it to the finals of the 800 meters. This meet was very nostalgic for that reason and also fun to watch.
Jon, Diana (Jon's sister), my mom, my sister Mandy, and I went to Yellowstone on Saturday. We visited Norris Geyser Basin and Artist Point in the morning. On our way to Tower Junction we stopped to watch a bear. It was the first bear most of us had seen in Yellowstone. My mom used to see them more when she was a kid because people fed them then.
We had a nice picnic lunch at Tower Falls. In the afternoon we hiked though the Mammoth Geyser area. Pretty good for someone who is 6 months pregnant! On Monday Jon and I drove home through Palisades and Afton. We stopped in Bennington to see my dad's grave. Here is a picture of Aunt Mernie's new headstone for the genealogists in the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment