Jon took me up Logan Canyon for a Mothers' Day Eve hot dog roast on Saturday. After dinner, we drove to a trail head in the Right Hand Fork area. I had never been there before. The trail was pretty flat and followed a large creek. It was very scenic. It was the first time that I've really felt like exercising since I've been pregnant. We found a big beaver dam but no beaver. There were lovely rock outcroppings with great fossil potential. We had to turn around when we got to a place were the trail was washed out. On the way back we watched several deer cross the trail in front of us. Jon says that one of the trail branches goes to Old Ephraim's Grave. (Old Ephraim was a grizzly bear of legendary stature. )
Jon surprised me by ordering a rocking chair as a Mothers Day gift. He joked that meant I was middle-aged. The rocking chair is supposed to come this week. I can't wait to try it out.
Sunday morning Jon made me breakfast. It included homemade whole-wheat waffles and a chocolate banana smoothie. Mmmmmm. Jon sang primary hymns with the rest of the men in the ward as well as the primary during Sacrament meeting. It was great.
This was my first semi-officially sanctioned Mother's day and I really enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment