Monday, June 22, 2009

The Glucose Test

This morning I got to have a glucose test for gestational diabetes. Jon suggested I read the instructions and when I did I found out that I was supposed to have fasted for 12 hours before drinking a very sugary orange liquid an hour before my doctor's appointment. Oh and I supposed to have had no sugar for a while before the test. I'm not sure if the brownie sundae came within the 12 hours or not. But I did drink the drink at the correct time before the visit.

I like sugar, so I was surprised at how sick I got after the test. The doctor's visit went well. She said that my belly is growing at the correct rate- according to the measuring tape anyway. I think that my baby didn't like the glucose drink either. We had a very long walk home from work at the end of the day. Jon understood how sick I felt and made a light supper for us. I'm going to go eat it now.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Did you pass?

Carolyn said...

Results?

Unknown said...

I do the glucose test next week. I failed the first one with Sheila since we moved the day before and every meal was a fast food meal. I had to take the three hour test with her but luckily no gestational diabetes with the first two.

amy phillips said...

They said if I don't hear from them, that I passed. Like Melynda, I didn't eat very well the day before- lots of Father's Day goodies. If I pass and don't have to do the three hour test it will be a miracle.