Thursday, August 13, 2009

She's gonna be big

At my doctor's visit this morning, I learned that Autumn will likely be 7 1/2 to 8 pounds when she is delivered. That's the size of an 8 pound crenshaw melon for those who need a visual. ;) She and I are doing very well. Earlier in the morning, I mean a lot earlier, I woke up to severe Braxton-hicks contractions. They came every 5 to 10 minutes from 3am to 3:30am. While starting to feel very nauseous, I began packing and making to-do lists because I didn't know if it was real labor. I almost sent out a text message about it. After deciding I would need plenty of sleep if it was indeed real labor, I went to bed and did not experience any more regular contractions after that. Dr. Craig says everything is going right on schedule.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

And now you tell us Autumn's size after all the contest entries are in. Dave has the heaviest weight at 8 lb. 9 oz. Then Meli at 8 lbs. even. Everybody else guessed an assortment of 6 and 7 lbs. Is Celeste a Crenshaw melon? She does have a round face.

Bethany said...

That is so cool. Big babies are happy babies. Maybe another visualization would be an 8 lb bowling ball?

Unknown said...

I am measuring big too so I am going in for another ultrasound the 28th to see where the baby is measuring. So excited to hear when your little one comes into the world. I just hope you don't have long labor like I do because that is not fun.