My amazing husband has taken up grape farming. That makes me a proud grape farmer's wife. We have four varities of grapes: plain old green, Niagra (green), Cadawba (red), and Concord (red.) The real story is how much work Jon has put into preparing the ground for the grapes. Starting this passed spring Jon removed five trees from the strip of ground, plus the entire length worth of densily rooted grass, old cedar chips, and tons of extra soil. He added a sprinkler and fixed an old one. He tore out the old brick edging and added lawnmower friendly sand and bricks. I am now tired from writing all of this. I'm so very proud of him. Lastly, here's a picture from today of the garden Jon planted while I was morning sick. We have enjoyed plenty of green beans and peas and look forward to peaches, tomatos, carrots, potatoes, corn, cucumbers, and cantaloupe.
3 comments:
Impressive!
What are you going to do with the grapes? Grape Juice, I hope.
yeah! I found you! Hope all is going well :)
Post a Comment