No change at visit today. Inducement plan if needed is 7am, Sept. 14. For those of you worried that I am having kidney failure, I am not. I have PUPPP, a common first pregnancy, 3rd trimester symptom that is harmless. Interestingly, 70% of women who get it give birth to boys. I found this about it:
"The cause of PUPPP is unknown. It is not associated with preeclampsia, autoimmune disorders, hormonal abnormalities, or fetal abnormalities. Some investigators suggest that the rapid abdominal wall distension damages connective tissue and causes an inflammatory response. One study has shown that male fetal DNA can be found in skin biopsies of the rash. Since 70% of women with PUPPP give birth to boys, a new hypothesis is that male fetal DNA acts as a skin irritant. " http://dermatology.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/puppp.htm
2 comments:
Wow. That's very interesting. So...Autumn may need a name change?
Ha ha ha, that is funny- not the you have the rash, but that DNA of a male is an irritant! Sorry you have to go through that. You're having a girl, right? Good luck to you!
Post a Comment