Friday, October 30, 2009

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Autumn enjoys her talking Cat in the Hat. She enjoys her Thing 1 and Thing 2 dolls even more. Thing 1 laughs when you press his tummy. Thing 2 does not have sound capability. Hearing Thing 1 laugh makes Autumn very happy. Last Saturday I packed the diaper bag with toys I thought Autumn would enjoy during the evening session of stake conference. During the meeting I pulled out some of the toys to entertain Autumn. (She can't hold toys yet. She only looks at them.) When I pulled out her Thing doll Jon looked over at the doll to see what the number on its tummy was. We realized at that moment that I had brought Thing 1, the Thing that made noise. It could go off at anytime. It would ruin the meeting and cause us great embarrassment. To our relief it did not go off before we detected it and I learned my lesson. Be sure to check which Thing is in your diaper bag before you go to church.

No comments: