Today is turning out to be pretty emotional. Grandpa B. passed away this morning. I am so grateful that I could get to know him. What a good man he was to his family. We took a special trip to Monticello a month after Autumn was born so he and Grandma could meet their newest great-granddaughter. I'm so glad we did that. We've seen them several more times since then. Grandpa B. seemed to always have a great sense of humor, even after getting life flighted to UofU the first time. We met up with him there in the parking lot when he was discharged. He was so kind and friendly to Autumn. That never changed. We love you, Grandpa Burtenshaw.
I'm getting ready for New Beginnings this evening. I hope I can keep my emotions in check during my talk. Today I decided that Autumn has IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) so I'm reading up on it. I'm not getting very far because I keep crying when what I read matches her symptoms and IBS doesn't sound very fun. I'm grateful to find a new diet to try for her. We are definitely not winning with the current diet. Sorry whole wheat. You gotta go.
I'm hoping that tomorrow is a little less emotional and that I will see things with more of an eternal perspective.
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about Jonathan's grandfather, and also about Autumn. If it is IBS, it is good to know what you are up against.
Post a Comment