Monday, August 1, 2011

My new favorite scripture

OK, this may be a little cheesy to some of you. But I haven't had a new favorite scripture in years. Our Young Women group is reading the Book of Mormon (531 pages) in 100 days. Last night I read Mosiah 16. It was the end of the day so I was tired and just reading to catch up. I came across this verse (9) and it popped out at me. It also seemed like I'd never read it before and the visual that came with it really hit home with me.



It's talking about Jesus Christ and it says "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."


"A light that is endless" reminds me of something that you can depend on, something that's permanent, and something that reaches out forever and ever like the light from a star. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just thought I'd let you all know that I had found something that makes me happy to think about. If you want more background on this verse, it's Abinadi the prophet speaking just before the evil king puts him to death. It is the climax of his sermon, all of which I've come to really appreciate and love this time reading through.




Abinadi preaching to King Noah and his people

2 comments:

msm said...

That is a cool scripture. I like the part about how just like His light is endless, so is His life. It puts the Jews trying to kill Him in perspective, because they didn't have that power.

Unknown said...

I love Abinadi's whole story. He had great courage. Anyway, love that scripture too. I should get a new one too since I can't say exactly what is my favorite right now.