Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And so it goes...

Now that I've scared everyone out ever calling me again, I thought I'd keep you up to date through the blog. Here I go. I took Autumn to the the doctor yesterday and discovered that she has 1.5 ear infections. Somehow it always makes you feel better when the doctor actually finds something wrong when you go in to see him or her. Jonathan was up three times with Autumn for the second night in a row, but we're hoping she'll sleep better tonight now that she is on antibiotics and is starting to feel better. Jonathan has been very kind to let me try and get more rest by tending Autumn and letting me sleep in the basement.

My most fabulous friend brought us homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner last night. It is fantastic. I think I'd get sick just to have some more.

I get to teach the young women this Sunday at church. The topic is abortion. Silly me for waiting until now to look at it. Oh wait, I've been sick. Well, I think I'll manage. I just need to write down every word I'm going to say before I get there.

Jonathan's trip to Washington D.C. has been postponed until just after Labor Day. That gives us more time to get better. I really like Washington D.C. Someday I'll go with Jonathan and spend my time at the Smithsonians.

Jonathan's dad's birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday Dad!


2 comments:

Katrina said...

Abortion?! I don't remember having that lesson in young womens. Sounds like an important one though. Good luck.

I too prefer the ear infection diagnosis because you get antibiotics that start working pretty fast.

Bethany said...

I like the ear infection diagnosis because it means it's not a kidney infection. Hope you gals are doing okay. It stinks being sick in the summer.