Friday, August 13, 2010

A bridal shower for my friend Lisa

Last night I hosted a bridal shower for my old roommate Lisa. She is living in Linden and drove up for the shower. I had a lot of help getting ready. Some of Lisa's friends and family brought food and my neighbors tended Autumn in the final moments of getting the house ready. It was a wonderfully attended shower and everyone stayed an extra hour to talk to Lisa. We had good food ;) including chocolate trifle, grapes, veggies, pecan bar cookies, punch, and chips with seven layer dip. I decorated with the Katrina and Bethany's bridal veils, and lots of balloons.

My most memorable random moment was after the shower when Jonathan and I were sprawled out, exhausted on the living room floor talking. At some point we started singing and comparing our own versions of the Books of the Old Testemant song. "Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers...". Which version do you like better, the one sung to the tune of "Praise to the Man" or the one sung to "Do What is Right"?

1 comment:

Jess said...

It turns out that I really like the old testament song to the tune of 'Do What is Right', but the new testament song to 'Praise to the Man'. That's all.