Monday, August 16, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:

On Saturday Jonathan, Autumn, and I drove up Logan Canyon to the Limber Pine Trail (just before Bear Lake.) The grove of trees is 560 years old. It was a pleasant little hike. You may remember (if you are a family member) trying to stop there on Memorial Day several years ago when it was snowing. After the hike we took a jeep road from Temple Flat to Temple Fork road.






The Bad:
This morning I went to the doctor and found out I have Mono. Autumn might have it too. I got the strep test (negative) and the blood test for Mono (positive). Yuck!

The Ugly:
We were up all last night. I don't think I slept from 3am to 7am. Until further notice, please do not call between 9am and noon and 1pm to 6pm unless it is an emergency. (Mono usually lasts about a month. I'll let everyone know when the restrictions have been lifted.)

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Mono?! I'm sorry. How did you get it?

amy phillips said...

No one I know has Mono. My guess is Autumn, however, I have no idea where she would have gotten it. She isn't even in Nursery. Babies don't get symptoms though.

Carolyn said...

Wow, that's a first for our family. So they didn't give you any antibiotics?

Bethany said...

I'm sorry too. I hope you feel better soon. Celeste hopes Autumn feels better so she can have a fun birthday.

Jessica said...

Aww, that's too bad. Get well soon! I had mono at one time, it's not a walk in the park.

amy phillips said...

Jessica- I'm sorry to hear that you had it too! I was feeling lucky that I didn't get it when I was a teenager. Did you have to miss school?

Jessica said...

Yeah, I had to miss school and work, which was a bummer because it was hard to catch up.