Autumn and I helped take our young women up to camp yesterday. As soon as the tents were up a light rain started and didn't ever stop while we were there. The camp is beautiful and only an hour from Logan. The camp also has a wonderful pavilion and everything was going smoothly. I had a part helping with crafts in the afternoon. That went great as well. I had a feeling that Autumn should come to camp with me even though I had a fantastic babysitter lined up. OK, from here this story is not really about camp.
During the day Autumn's breathing started to get progressively worse. About a month ago she had to get asthma treatments, but it went away and I was surprised that it came back at camp. Jonathan said she had had symptoms before we left. I am grateful that she was with me and not at the babysitter's because it might have gotten worse playing with the other kids and they wouldn't have known about the asthma.
After crafts, Autumn and I headed home. I called the doctor's office as soon as we got home, and they said it was high priority and they'd call me back. After an hour they hadn't called and the place where you get the nebulizer was about to close. I called back and they said, "We have no record that you called." I started to get really upset because I was supposed to be delivering dinner to someone (food that was brought home from camp where they don't have refrigaration) and I couldn't leave while sorting out the doctor mess. My visiting teacher came over and delivered the food for me. Thank you so much Camille! The doctor's office also said that they were full even during extended hours. They said to go to the ER. Things worked out because we went back to Instacare where we'd been before and they got us the nebulizer and a perscription for an inhaler. My opinion of Instacare is getting better and better. I look forward to finding Autumn a better doctor that won't loose important phone calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment