Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some of what we've been up to lately...

Autumn is showing signs that she shares her mother's love of optics. Someday I'm going to have a whole set of prisms and lenses and teach optics to my children.


The other day I found Autumn sorting her ABC magnets by color.

June 3rd was my sister-in-law Meli's sister's wedding. We attended the reception in Lindon. It was fun to see all the family from Bolivia, that we don't see very much. We got this fun picture of the three pregnant ladies.


A grandchild picture.

Another grandchild. :) Annie was born Saturday morning! I like the wrinkles babies have when they are just born. Their faces change within hours. I'm glad we got to see her on Saturday.


Also on Saturday, Jonathan went mountain biking with his dad, we had a wonderful picnic with our Martineau and Pozo relatives, and we went to a Phillips family dinner and Troy's birthday party. Troy and Diana have been married for over a month now.



Before we left we got to pick out some of Grandma Burtenshaw's jewelery to take home.


Jonathan's dad dug up over half of their raspberry plants to give us for our garden.


Jonathan replanted them when we got home late that night and we were all grumpy and tired and the swamp cooler turned out to be broken. Some of the plants had to wait until Monday to be planted. Now all the plants are doing great, and we've all but forgotten how tired we were.


The next Saturday we hiked as a family up Spring Hollow. This is where Jonathan proposed to me and was also our first date. I found a nice shell fossil this time and some crystals. Anyone visiting us should consider going up there for the nice rocks. You won't be disappointed.







No comments: